Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Masks repainting

A week ago i got a pair of masks at a swap meet. Im not exactly sure of the origin of them but if anybody can tell, please leave a comment to help me out. When i bought these masks they were in decent shape but had alot of scratches, chipped paint and a broken tooth. You can see the scratches and faded paint on the one on the left. The one on the right i decided to just leave it as it is.
I started with the teeth and gave them a fresh coat of white paint. Next came the red all around the mask. Due to my limited supply i had to spray paint some gold into a little cup and use that for the details.



The mask completely painted. I decided to not fix the broken tooth because it helps give character to the mask. The red and Gold were kept as close to the original color as I could but im proud of how it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment